- We refer to an article written by an anonymous writer published on 14th June 2018 by an online media channel.
- The anonymous writer of the said article complained in relation to HRDF, inter alia, about alleged “corrupt practices and cronyism”, financial scandal, conflicts of interest, unfair practices, discrimination against capable trainers, lack of transparency, unqualified and dishonest Directors.
- The article was ostensibly written by a reader whose name has been withheld by the said online media channel’s Editor-in-Chief.
- The anonymous writer in the same article made allegations that implicates and defames PIKOM, a past Chairman of PIKOM and the current Chairman of PIKOM.
- The current Chairman of PIKOM was appointed to the Board of HRDF on 29th March 2018 and no board meeting has been convened since his appointment. He has since resigned from the Board of HRDF to avoid any perception of a conflict of interest.
- PIKOM emphatically states that in all its dealings whether with HRDF or otherwise with others, neither PIKOM nor any of its past or current officers have ever engaged in improper conduct as alleged or suggested in the article.
- The online media channel proceeded to publish the defamatory article without first checking with or verifying information from PIKOM or any of its officers.
- PIKOM reserves all of its rights against the writer of the defamatory article, the online media channel and/or its owners, officers, shareholders, employees arising from the publication of the defamatory article.
PIKOM, THE NATIONAL ICT ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA is the association representing the information and communications technology (ICT) industry in Malaysia. Its membership currently stands at over 900 comprising companies involved in a whole spectrum of ICT products and services which commands about 80% of the total ICT trade in Malaysia. PIKOM works to improve the business climate in the interests of all its member companies and to promote industry growth in line with national aspirations. PIKOM’s membership is open to all Malaysian companies who supply ICT products and services in the computing and telecommunications industries. However, non-ICT companies are also welcome to join the Association as associate members.