PIKOM, THE NATIONAL TECH ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA, is the association representing the technology (TECH) industry in Malaysia. Its membership currently stands at more than 1,000 active companies involved in a whole spectrum of TECH products and services which command 80% of the total TECH business in Malaysia.
The 5 Chapters under PIKOM cover
- OM (formerly known as Outsourcing Malaysia)
- CIO Chapter
- Cybersecurity Chapter
- E-Commerce Chapter
- PIKOM Venture Investment Chapter
These chapters help improve and drive the business climate for all member companies, together with promoting industry growth in line with different national aspirations, along the following approaches:
As a non-profit organization, PIKOM is managed by a team of Council elected by the members every year during the Annual General Meeting. Click here to view the current Council.
PIKOM works to improve the business climate in the interests of all its member companies and to promote industry growth in line with national aspirations.
To view the complete list of PIKOM members, click here.
Formed in August 1986, PIKOM is ambitioned to creating an environment that is conducive to the health, prosperity and competitive nature of the Tech industry. In line with this, PIKOM aims to be a catalyst for the growth of the Tech industry in Malaysia.
As the Voice of the Tech Industry, PIKOM embraces the task of growing the size and capabilities of the Tech industry in Malaysia by creating opportunities for its members as well as all Malaysians to capture the benefits offered by advances in Tech by focusing on the following:
- Spearhead, promote & encourage development of resources, professional skills and programmes in Malaysia’s Tech
- Represent the local Tech industry to the Government and private sector both local and overseas.
- Provide a platform for Tech players and users to meet, network, learn and share ideas in order to grow the industry and improved applications.
- Foster high standards of conduct, service and performance throughout the Tech industry.
- Promote and market local Tech services to the region and overseas.
PIKOM’s membership is open to all companies who supply IT products and services in the computing and telecommunications industries. PIKOM offers a range of services and activities, which provide opportunities for informed dialogue and profitable networking. However, non-Tech and foreign Tech companies are also welcome to join the Association as associate and overseas members.
As the ‘The Voice of the Tech Industry’, PIKOM continues to
- Drive high impact advocacy in representing the industry to government stakeholders to create a conducive environment promoting further growth of the industry.
- Expand and enhance more tangible benefits to its membership base.
Find out more about PIKOM Membership