THE NATIONAL ICT MONTH 2012
The National ICT Month (NIM) 2012 marks the fourth consecutive year that PIKOM and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) have joined forces to organize the month-long event with the objective of further enhancing the business climate of the local information and communications technology (ICT) industry, as well as increasing the usage of ICT products and services.
This year’s National ICT Month highlights a series of events with the theme "Innovation for Digital Opportunity” (September 7 – October 11, 2012). With all the events that have been lined up in conjunction with the NIM 2012, I hope that the ICT industry will help to propel the country’s economy to a greater level.
NIM 2012 was officially launched on 7th September 2012 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, which also marked the official launches of World Cyber Games (WCG) Asian Championship 2012 and Digital Lifestyle Expo (DLE) 2012.
I would like to reflect on the major activities happening throughout the National ICT Month 2012:
1. Digital Lifestyle Expo 2012 – Digital Lifestyle Expo (DLE) 2012, a technology showcase of the latest trends, lifestyle gadgets and applications was held from 7th – 9th September at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
2. World Cyber Games Asian Championship 2012 – The world's first "Cyber Games Festival", World Cyber Games (WCG) Asian Championship 2012 was held from 7th – 9th September at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
3. PC Fair in 2012 - The largest cash and carry ICT event in Malaysia will be held in Tawau(31 Aug - 2 Sept), Tawau (31 Aug – 2 Sept), Johor Bharu (7-9 Sept) and Melaka (14-16 Sept). University PC Fair 2012 will take place in UTM, Skudai on 27-29 Sept 2012.
4. Leadership Summit 2012 - where top-notch leaders from ICT segments will meet, discuss and review the current state of the industry will be held on 27 – 28 September at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur.
5. PIKOM ICT Strategic Review 2012 / 2013 launch - a comprehensive research report covering the state of e-Commerce in Malaysia which will be launched during Leadership Summit 2012.
6. Smart Sourcing Summit 2012 – A summit focuses on the outsourcing industry will be held in conjunction with the Outsourcing Malaysia (OM) Excellence Awards, which shall be presented across a wide set of categories to companies in Malaysia for creating compelling value and thereby enhancing Malaysia’s position in the global sourcing marketplace. Smart Sourcing Summit will take place on 10 – 11 October at Royale Chulan Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
Hence, I would also like to thank all related parties – Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), government agencies, PIKOM members and members of media in helping PIKOM to promote our events during the National ICT Month and I hope that the ICT industry continue to prosper, for the benefit of the people and the country as a whole.