FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PIKOM ANNUAL CHARITY GOLF 2012
Tournament raised RM 60,000 for five charity organizations
Kuala Lumpur, Tuesday (July, 3 2012) –The fourth PIKOM Charity Golf 2012 held on 26 June 2012 at the Glenmarie Golf & Country Club attracted 120 golf players from the senior management of various ICT companies and their distinguished guests from the private and public sectors organizations.
“As part of our annual Corporate Social Responsiblities (CSR) initiative, we aimed to support charity organizations in improving the quality of life and well-being for the less fortunate communities while inviting the members of the industry to network and to do good cause.” said Woon Tai Hai, PIKOM chairman.
Pikom has been organizing the annual Charity Golf tournament since 2009. Indeed, many charity organizations have benefited from this event in the past.
“We had great time playing golf and catching up with old friends and making new ones from various industries. More importantly, we raised a total amount of Sixty Thousand (RM,60,000) this year from the golf tournament and auction drive. All proceeds were dispersed to five charity organizations. ” added Woon , alluding to the fact that PIKOM has been actively involved in Corporate Social Responsilities programs.
Some of the highlights from Pikom Annual Charity Golf 2012
- YB Datuk Haji Fadillah bin Hj Yusof, Deputy Minister of Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI) witnessed the prize giving.
- This year, we had a total of 30 flights culminating to 120 players participating in the golf tournament.
- In total, raised a sum of Ringgit Malaysia Sixy Thousand (RM 60,000).
- The proceeds were presented to the following charity organization:
1. Emmanuel Golden Years Community [RM 20,000]
2. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Anak-Anak Yatim Berlian - Ayer Tawar (Diamond Home) [RM10,000]
3. Kadazan Dusun Culture Association Education Fund [RM10,000]
4. Rumah Ilham Yayasan Anak-Anak Yatim Pinggir - Taman Tun Dr Ismail [RM10,000]
5. Gan Cheng Wei - suffering from leukemia (via Bulan Sabit Merah Cabang Johor Bahru) [RM10,000]
- Among the generous sponsors were:
Pinnacle [Srixon Asia]
Gold [ Mesiniaga]
Gold, Golf Balls & Caps and Hole In One Sponsor [Acer]
Bronze [EPSON & TM]
Co-Sponsors [GreenBelt Marketing & iStudy]
“It was an honour for me to be part of this event. I am delighted to see that the ICT community has taken such a pro-active role in creating a more caring society. I look forward to another successful Charity Golf next year. Hence, I would also like to express my gratitude to all the esteemed sponsors for their outstanding commitment and generosity.” concluded Woon.
PIKOM, THE NATIONAL ICT ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA is the association representing the information and communications technology (ICT) industry in Malaysia. Its membership currently stands at over 1,500 comprising companies involved in a whole spectrum of ICT products and services which commands about 80% of the total ICT trade in Malaysia. PIKOM works to improve the business climate in the interests of all its member companies and to promote industry growth in line with national aspirations.
PIKOM's membership is open to all Malaysian companies who supply ICT products and services in the computing and telecommunications industries. However, non-ICT companies are also welcome to join the Association as associate members.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Name: Aliyah Alisha Soo
Designation: Marketing & Communications Manager
Tel: (603) 7955 2922 ext 735